How hard could it be to maintain a necktie?
Very hard if you have no clue how to keep it like new.
That’s why we found everything you need to know and summed it up into a few key points.
- NEVER leave the necktie knotted when you’re not wearing it.
- You should not hurry when you are removing it, undo the knot properly so you don’t put unnecessary stress on the fabric.
- It ‘s not good for the tie to be used two days in a row, let it rest so it can retain its shape.
- Try not to stain your necktie, most of them are hard to clean. Especially the ones made from silk.
- Store the neckties upright on a rack or a hanger. It will help keep the wrinkles out.
- If you want the colors to remain bright, store the ties in the dark.
- NEVER iron your ties, if they are wrinkled there are at least two options available. The first is rolling the tie up real tight, just start at the narrow end and roll it up good. The second one is letting it hang in the bathroom with the shower on full heat, give it around 10-15 minutes and be careful the tie doesn’t get in contact with the water.
- If you use tie clips remove them after use. Don’t use them too much because they can puncture the fabric.